Thursday, August 14, 2008

Here I Go Again

Well, so I am about to embark on another weight loss adventure. I signed up for a local weight loss challenge. This time it may actually work cause I have a coach and people to hold me accountable. She sells Herbalife, but we do not have to buy anything. We can do whichever program we want. We meet once a week to weigh and discuss a new topic pertaining to nutrition and healthy living.

I am hesitant to adopt a program because I do not want just quick weightloss followed by a lifetime of "managing". I just want to have a healthy lifestyle, with healthy foods I can buy readily at the supermarket.

She said that we should drink (in ounces) half our body weight in water daily. So, if you weigh 200 pounds, drink 100 ounces of water a day. At first this sounded a bit daunting, but then I realized I only have to drink a little over 3 32-ounce gatorade bottles of water. Yesterday was the kickoff and it went well. I managed to drink my 100 ounces and found it to be easier than anticipated.

She also recommended women taking in 125 grams of protein a day. I ate 104.5. Between that and the water, my energy level was much higher.

Wish me luck and pray for my success. I'd really like to lose 40 pounds by Christmas. I especially need prayers for motivation to exercise!

No comments: