Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Okay, what is REALLY going on?

We are at a loss concerning Helana.  Today she was asked to leave her ST/OT session early for the third day out of four.  They say she does beautifully, follows directions and is engaging, then suddenly she takes the notion to slap somebody.  Today it was her OT.  When they verbally corrected her, she threw herself on the floor and tossed her shoes across the room.  When I came upon the scene she was calm but quiet and I could tell she was in the "meltdown" mode.

It's as if she is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.  She'll transform into Mr. Hyde and just as suddenly turn back and has no recollection of it.  Or if she does recall her behavior, she has no idea why she did what she did.  I've left messages for her doctor to call me ASAP.  I hope he does.  We need answers and help.  Even if I wanted to send her to school, I couldn't.  If she cannot handle 45 minutes with her ST and OT, how can she go all day at school?

No comments: