Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Edge of the Divine-Review

Once again I am delighted to be reviewing another book.  The Edge of the Divine by Sandi Patti just might be my favorite so far.
Written in first person, Ms. Patti speaks to the reader about how her journey in weight-loss parallels being on the edge, looking over, and deciding to take that leap of faith into a new beginning.  She writes with sincerity, humor and an insight that I found to be so applicable and relevant to my own life. 
Ms. Patti helped me to see that I am not alone in this journey called womanhood.  Even the most devoted Christian can still struggle with things such as depression and uncertainty.  This book made me realize that such moments should be viewed as an opportunity to step over the edge; to take that leap of faith and allow God to catch us and bring us under His wing and into a life He has purposed for us. 
She also confirmed that, though we may make some whoppers of mistakes, God never leaves us and is there, waiting to teach us and mold us to be more like His Son.
I found this book to be very inspiring, heart-felt and encouraging and recommend it to my fellow imperfect women who find themselves under constant fire from the enemy and their own emotions and thoughts.






This book was provided free of charge by Book Sneeze.  No monetary transactions took place, nor was I expected to write a favorable review.

No comments: