Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day

Happy Mother’s Day!  Here are some great quotes I’d like  to share:

The real religion of the world comes from women much more than from men - from mothers most of all, who carry the key of our souls in their bosoms. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. ~Abraham Lincoln

 

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh   (I have no idea who that is :/)

 

The formative period for building character for eternity is in the nursery. The mother is queen of that realm and sways a scepter more potent than that of kings or priests. ~Author Unknown (I love this one!!!)

 

One good mother is worth a hundred schoolmasters. ~George Herbert

 

It's not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it. ~From the television show The Golden Girls (I had to throw that it in-those of you who know me, know why)

No comments: