Saturday, March 20, 2010

Isaiah 40:11

Isaiah 40:11


Like a shepherd He will lead His flock, in His arm He will gather the lambs and carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes.





I came across this verse shortly before Eastwood was born and found it to be not only very comforting, but also appropriate for our home school mission. We call our home school S.H.E.P. (Settles’ Home Education Program-please no applause for my creativity), with our main focus being Jesus as the Good Shepherd. So obviously, finding this verse was a blessing and apropos.



The blessings in this verse are double tiered. One, it reminds me that Jesus is always watching out and tending to my little lambs. When I consider a lamb, I think of purity, frailty, and innocence. How more lamb-like can one be than an infant and a child with developmental delays? I heave a huge sigh of relief at the thought of Jesus taking my children into His arms and holding them to His bosom.



Second, how comforting it is to know that He is not only looking out for my lambs, but is also gently leading me! I am sure that most (if not all) mothers would agree that motherhood is a scary and overwhelming task. Throw in being their primary teacher and it is terrifying! I need to know that the Good Shepherd is gently leading me and providing me with the wisdom I lack (James 1:5).

No comments: