Friday, April 30, 2010

First Grade Prelimineries

I've begun gathering ideas on the next school year.  If I had to label kindergarten with a style of homeschool,  it would be eclectic.  Next year is going to be more themed.  My preliminary ideas of what will be covered is:  theme unit on native americans which will lead into a study of the pilgrims and the history of Thanksgiving;  a study on the days of creation; a study of notable people in the Bible; a study of the fruits of the Spirit; a look at the 10 Commandments; study of Kentucky; a theme unit on dinosaurs, taught from the Biblical perspective while acknowledging secular perspective;  obviously, reading and writing and math will be included in the themed studies and I have found some neat science experiments to include in the days of creation study.  I will purchase "What your first grader needs to know" so as to be sure not to leave anything important out.  I found the kindergarten version to be very helpful.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know!  I value all input!

No comments: