Saturday, April 3, 2010

Some new curriculum

Before going to the book signing tonight,  I dropped by the Parent-Teacher Store and found some cool stuff.  Alot of cool stuff, actually, but I limited myself to just a couple things.

I found a neat Social Studies packet that uses games to teach topics like the community and being a good citizen etc.   It is labeled K-2, so I'll be able to use it next year too.










I also found a DVD which is supposed to be really helpful with learning sight words.  It is entitled Dolch Sight Words Part 1.  The skills it benefits are word recognition, pronunciation, spelling and early reading.

It is labeled for 8 months to 8 years.  (I know a certain baby that is going to be watching this with his big sister!-like I told Joey, I'd really like at least one other reader in the family!)


If anyone is interested in the details of these items, just ask and I'll do my best to provide them.

No comments: