Saturday, May 15, 2010


My little boy is so precious.  Today he sat in the grocery cart like a big boy.  It's moments like those that are joyous and heart-breaking at once.  I am happy that he is meeting his milestones but sad to see my baby growing up.  It's an emotional dichotomy that all mothers experience.  Especially when you think it might be your last.

At 6 a.m. he was lying in his bed babbling and then began saying "da da".  He's been saying "mama" for a month, but now "da da" is included.  This afternoon he said what sounded like "lana" (for Helana, his sister).  It tickles me to death.  You see, Helana was almost 2 before saying anything consistently and didn't begin speaking in sentences until she was five.  He's almost crawling too.  Of course, he's been mobile for a while; scooting and rolling, but now he's learning to get up on his knees.

I am so blessed to have such a beautiful daughter and adorable son!

No comments: