Thursday, June 10, 2010

When in doubt, look UP!

While that is great spiritual advice, that is not what this post is about.

Helana LOVES to climb.  As of late, her favorite place to “hang out” is on the roof of our back patio.  Uh, can you say MAJOR NO NO!  She’s getting better at refraining from this thrilling temptation, but occasionally she’ll sneak up there when she thinks my back in turned.  Strike two.

How does she get up there, you ask?  By climbing our Bradford Pear tree that was not created for climbing yet she manages to do so nicely.  I am holding my breath and PRAYING she does not fall from one of her vertical endeavors and break her neck!  I admit, I loved climbing trees when I was a kid too.  However, they were trees meant for climbing-with properly spaced wide branches.  I guess, now that I think about it, it would be difficult to fall OUT of this tree since the branches are so dense.  Still, she could lose an eye.  Bottom line, Dad needs to build her a safe climbing “thing” ASAP!

May 2010 (2) May 2010

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I just thought I would tell you that the m and i reversal was an accident, and when I did notice it, it was too late to change it. I wanted to but The simple life was already taken and I had followers, so I wasn't sure about changing the address!

Thanks for coming by and I just love these pictures. Can I ask you to please read todays blog and say a prayer for this little girl?

Thanks
Kelly